wireless driver for dell latitude d505?

Mark boxend at redtick.homeunix.com
Mon Nov 29 12:50:29 PST 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 02:51:53PM -0500, Brian Barto wrote:
> Hi all, I have a dell latitude c505 laptop that has a build-in wireless
> nic, but when I loaded freebsd 5.3 it did not detect it. I'm guess i
> have to load a driver via kldload but I have no idea what driver it
> could be. Anyone know off hand? Dell's website isn't any help.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Try "kldload if_wi"  then look in /var/log/messages

also looking in /boot/defaults/loader_config will give a list of moduals
you can load and try.

kldunload "mod_name" will remove them from the kernel

The information contained in this communication is confidential, private,
proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately.