hdd error

LiQuiD liquid at homebass.ca
Sun Nov 28 19:12:26 PST 2004

After trying what Chuck suggested, if you're using 5.3 and it still
doesn't work don't sweat it.

I've installed 5.3 on the same machine (an IBM Aptiva k6-2 450) but
using two different hard drives, both times giving me the same error.
In both cases, I was able to install 4.10-STABLE without any problems.
I've seen several people complain about this problem on 5.3 machines,
with the only solution thus far using a sysctl variable to disable udma
for the hard drive.  For some reason it seems no one (that would know
how to fix it) is acknowledging the problem, which makes finding a
solution even more difficult.