Marked as Broken - where next?

Graham Bentley gbentley at uk2.net
Sun Nov 28 15:21:58 PST 2004

 Hi All,

 I was follwing this tutorial http://www.bsdnews.org/01/vcd.php

 but was halted abruptly when the build of transcode required
 mpeg4ip - which is marked as broken (Im running 5.3)

 So, I thought I would take a look at AcidRIP out of curiosity to
 see if it could help make a VCD but got ;

 p5-ExtUtils-PkgConfig-1.05 is marked as broken: Configure fails

 Being a bit of a video / freebsd newbie I am at a loss as to
 where to go next or indeed interpret what the above is telling
 me. Any help / advice would be appreciated.

 Thanks