rj-45 connector

jason jason at ec.rr.com
Sun Nov 28 08:15:54 PST 2004

johne edw wrote:

>dear sir,
>i've 3 computers and  i want to connect  them togather as a workgroup
>network via a hub. i know that the both ends of cable must have the same sequense of color .please advice me if that the color sequence of wires connected to rj-45 connector is important or not?..i mean, in another word, is there a special sequense of color ? or any sequense of color will be valid when the both ends have the same color sequense ?
>i wish that response will come on soon........best regards

Also you may want to buy a switch if you have not already got a hub.
The effective bandwidth between your computers would be like 100mb/3
with a hub.  Better yet you could use a BSD machince as a
switch/router/internet gateway for your work group.  You'll just need a
few extra network cards for it, but I think the least expensive way of
doing it would be a hub.