Problems with samba under FreeBSD, not under Linux

Hexren me at hexren.net
Thu Nov 25 23:53:42 PST 2004

V> Dear All,

V> From the win 2000 box I can see my freebsd box fqdn but can't connect
V> any share. Win 2000 keeps <compalining "You have no authorization to
V> connect to the share, ask the Administrator" (sorry, translating from
V> Italian)

V> PLEASE HELP!!!!

V> Ciao
V> Vittorio

Are all the nessecary user created ? (meaning on the BSD box is a
samba user and a system user with the same name as your Windows 2000
login account ?)

>[homes]
>   comment = Home Directories
>   browseable = no
>   writable = yes

I miss a path directive in your home dir configuration. Asfar as I
understand somethin like:

[Kopfkissen]
        path = /mnt/hdd1

Is the minimum share definition.