securing mailserver address

Mike Woods Mike at the-rubber-chicken-network.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 03:20:36 PST 2004

Martin Hepworth wrote:

> for virus scanning you need something like ClamAV, amavis is wrapper
> application that can call anti-virus programs AFAIK.

Amavis is a combined spam/virus scanner, it uses external programs for
this and is able to use multiple programs also so you can say run sophos
AND clamAV for virus scanning while using spamassassin AND dcc for spam
filtering, works very very well in my experience.

I used it both on my personal mail server and the student mail server
there at work (along with mimedefang for attachment pruning and a boiler
plate).

I would highly recomend it.