netstat not working?

Paul Reece paul at fastlane.net.au
Wed Nov 24 05:36:40 PST 2004

Hi Everyone,

I've recently installed 5.3-RELEASE on a dual processor machine.  It appears
that in an SMP configuration 'netstat' does not show
any of the active TCP connections to the machine (only UDP).  Same goes for
showing what TCP ports the machine is listening on..

Have I missed something in my install or kernel configuration ?  I've tried
setting debug.mpsafenet to 0 as it was mentioned that this causes problems
with netstat -m in an SMP configuration but obviously still no luck...

Cheers,
Paul.

machine         i386
ident           XXX
cpu             I686_CPU

options         QUOTA
options         IPFILTER
options         IPFILTER_LOG

options         SMP

options         SCHED_4BSD              # 4BSD scheduler
options         INET                    # InterNETworking
options         FFS                     # Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options         SOFTUPDATES             # Enable FFS soft updates support
options         UFS_ACL                 # Support for access control lists
options         UFS_DIRHASH             # Improve performance on big
directories
options         CD9660                  # ISO 9660 Filesystem
options         PROCFS                  # Process filesystem (requires
PSEUDOFS)
options         GEOM_GPT                # GUID Partition Tables.
options         COMPAT_43               # Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP
THIS!]
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD4         # Compatible with FreeBSD4
options         SCSI_DELAY=15000        # Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI
options         KTRACE                  # ktrace(1) support
options         SYSVSHM                 # SYSV-style shared memory
options         SYSVMSG                 # SYSV-style message queues
options         SYSVSEM                 # SYSV-style semaphores
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING # POSIX P1003_1B real-time
extensions
options         KBD_INSTALL_CDEV        # install a CDEV entry in /dev
options         ADAPTIVE_GIANT          # Giant mutex is adaptive.

device          apic            # I/O APIC
device          isa
device          eisa
device          pci
device          ata
device          atadisk         # ATA disk drives
device          ataraid         # ATA RAID drives
device          atapicd         # ATAPI CDROM drives
options         ATA_STATIC_ID   # Static device numbering
device          atkbdc          # AT keyboard controller
device          atkbd           # AT keyboard
device          psm             # PS/2 mouse

device          vga             # VGA video card driver
device          sc
device          npx

device          pmtimer

device          sio             # 8250, 16[45]50 based serial ports

device          miibus          # MII bus support
device          vr              # VIA Rhine, Rhine II

device          loop            # Network loopback
device          mem             # Memory and kernel memory devices
device          io              # I/O device
device          random          # Entropy device
device          ether           # Ethernet support
device          ppp             # Kernel PPP
device          tun             # Packet tunnel.
device          pty             # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
device          md              # Memory "disks"