make arguments and buildworld

Gerard Seibert gerard-seibert at rcn.com
Wed Nov 24 02:35:13 PST 2004

I am going to do a fresh install of FreBSD 5.3 this weekend on my
computer. Immediately after the installation I want to do a buildworld
and install a custom kernel.

My question is what special arguments should I use in the 'make.conf'
file for this project.  Is it really necessary to change this file at
all? I was reading the handbook and it mentioned the 'CFLAGGS' entry and
a few others.

I would welcome any feedback that is available.

Thanks!

Gerard E. Seibert
gerard-seibert at rcn.com

	They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist. . . .

	- Final words of General John Sedgwick, Union Commander, d. 1864
	Killed in battle during US Civil War.