php4-extensions

Cristi Tauber cristi.tauber at sbhost.ro
Tue Nov 23 23:13:38 PST 2004

       Hello everybody,

  i have a brand new 5.3 installation on a machine that will act as a
web server. I installed php4-cli ... good .. but when i try to install
php4-extension (mysql, mssql, etc ...) an get an error. I tried to
install php4-extension on another machine ... that is also 5.3 and i get
the same result :

===>  PHPizing for pecl-fileinfo-0.2
autoheader253: `config.h.in' is unchanged
Configuring for:
  PHP Api Version:   20020918
  Zend Module Api No:   20020429
  Zend Extension Api No:   20021010
===>  Configuring for pecl-fileinfo-0.2
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
checking build system type... i386-portbld-freebsd5.3
checking host system type... i386-portbld-freebsd5.3
checking for i386-portbld-freebsd5.3-gcc... cc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking whether cc understands -c and -o together... yes
checking if compiler supports -R... yes
checking for PHP prefix... /usr/local
checking for PHP includes... -I/usr/local/include/php
-I/usr/local/include/php/main -I/usr/local/include/php/Zend
-I/usr/local/include/php/TSRM
checking for PHP extension directory... /usr/local/lib/php/20020429
checking for re2c... exit 0;
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for fileinfo support... yes, shared
checking for magic files in default path... not found
configure: error: Please reinstall the libmagic distribution
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to ale at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the

"/usr/ports/sysutils/pecl-fileinfo/work/Fileinfo-0.2/config.log"
including
the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good
idea
to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an
`ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/pecl-fileinfo.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions.

            I searched the google and i found something about libmagic
and to reinstall it. But i cannot find such a package/port . Anyone bump
into this ???

            Thanks

                Cristi

This message and its contents have been scanned and certified for
transmission as being free from malicious code by <<eTrust Antivirus>>. This
message may contain confidential, privileged or other legally protected
information. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
addressee, or someone the addressee authorized to receive this message, you
are prohibited from copying, distributing or otherwise using it. Please
notify the sender and return it.Thank you.