slow SSH access from another FreeBSD, but not from WinXP

Francisco francisco at natserv.net
Tue Nov 23 20:06:59 PST 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, I Nyoman Suka Ada wrote:

> But still, very slow. But the most interesting thing is that, why is it not
> slow when SSH-ing from Win XP.

Try looking at the clients and see if they are trying to connect to a
different protocol.

For example if your server is trying protocol 1 then 2 and the client in
*nix is tying protocol 2 then 1.

Also I believe that putting something in /etc/hosts will only help you if
the machines in question are outside your network.