security.jail.sysvipc_allowed: implications ?

klr at 6s-gaming.com klr at 6s-gaming.com
Mon Nov 22 16:27:03 PST 2004

Hi,

I'd like to know what are the implications of setting
security.jail.sysvipc_allowed=1 while using FreeBSD jails. If I understood
correctly, setting this to 1 allows processes inside the jail to
communicate to the host server/other jails using SysV shared memory, but I
don't understand the fully implications of this.

Is there any concern using this sysctl as 1 on a system with only a jail
without any ssh access, and nothing but courier, postfix, and apache?
(inside jail)

Regards,

Hugo