openssl 0.9.7e

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Mon Nov 22 11:50:16 PST 2004

On Nov 22, 2004, at 1:58 PM, J.D. Bronson wrote:
> thanks for helping me out.
> I wanted to update the base version as this is a NEWER version that
> contains bug fixes and maybe some security fixes <?> - But I am not
> sure.

FreeBSD follows software like OpenSSL, BIND, Sendmail, and so forth
closely.

Security fixes are rolled into the FreeBSD base version quite rapidly,
although you don't have to take my word for it: if you know of an
exploit or test case for a problem which affects 0.9.7d and is fixed in
0.9.7e, please run it against 5-STABLE and see for yourself how it
does.

--
-Chuck