Passing options to configure / compiler

Martin Hudec corwin at aeternal.net
Sun Nov 21 10:32:18 PST 2004

Hello,

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 05:40:01PM +0100 or thereabouts, Remko Lodder wrote:
> Vittorio wrote:
> >I couldn't find in the docs how to pass options to the configure script.
> >

> if you want to use WITH_TESTS for example you need to add
>
> make WITH_TESTS=yes install clean (or something similiar)
>
> when portupgrade'ing that you should do
>
> portupgrade -M 'WITH_TESTS=yes' postgresql
> (or again; something similiar)
>
> Hope that helps!

	It would be nice for him to set options pkgtools.conf, which
can be usually found in /usr/local/etc.

For example:
I want links to be compiled without X11 support, so I set in section
named MAKE_ARGS following:

	'www/links' => 'WITHOUT_X11=yes',

so this compilation option will be reflected next time he uses
portupgrade utility. Otherwise portupgrade will ignore previous
compilation options. Or at least I don't know how to tell portupgrade
which options did I use to compile the port :).

	Cheers,

	Martin

--
martin hudec

   * 421 907 303 393
   * corwin at aeternal.net
   * http://www.aeternal.net

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible
exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."

   Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"