BIND 9.3.0 not restarting

Cezar Fistik cezar at arax.md
Fri Nov 19 15:09:43 PST 2004

Hello group,

Thank you all for your suggestions. I don't know why but I didn't have
named in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ at all, so I copied it from
/usr/src/etc/rc.d/ but it didn't work either. No restarting, just
stopping. BTW bind9 user guide on isc site says that SIGHUP should restart the
service with no problem. I like the idea with the pid file and
definetely would have tried it but I installed bind84 and everything
works great. Anyway I didn't need all new features of bind9.
Is it a bug? :-(

--
Best regards,
Cezar                            mailto:cezar at arax.md