Something about booting bsd on the second disk from windows loader

hu shouwen showphonhu at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Nov 18 23:58:52 PST 2004

Mr Answer:
Sorry having troubled you to give me reasons about the solution to the question "9.10. How can I use the Windows NT loader to boot FreeBSD?" listed on bsd site. I have installed my first bsd on the second disk with whole space, and I have chosen to install bootmgr. But when reboot, I found my machine went to Windows as usual.I think the installer just wrote the mbr of the second disk, so I choose to load my bsd from Windows loader. I know the general idea of your answer, but I still have 3 questions.
1.I can not boot my bsd, but how I can get the /boot/boot0 from bsd?
2.If I have solution to getting /boot/boot0, how it can work? I mean, when my machine reach the boot.ini on the Windows disk, then I choose bsd to boot, then my machine read the C:\BOOTSECT.BSD while contains the content of the second disk's mbr,then my machine boot bsd successfully, Am I right?
3.Is there any other solutions to my situation?
Thank a lot!
cheers,
Hu Shouwen
2004-11-19