openoffice running on 5.3

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein-freebsd-questions at theloosingend.net
Thu Nov 18 23:43:38 PST 2004

* Chris Neustrup [2004-11-18 18:55 -0800]
>  I am running a 5.3 stable box.  Works fine.  I want to put openoffice
>  on it, but the ports are all either broken or marked as broken.
>  Should I go back to StarOffice, or just try to slog it out?

editors/openoffice-1.1 is not marked as broken on my system. However, it
takes forever to compile, so I never did finish it to verify that it
indeed does compile, but I have no reason not to think it will.

You can find precompiled packages here:
http://oootranslation.services.openoffice.org/pub/OpenOffice.org/ooomisc/FreeBSD/

There you'll find OOo 1.1.3 for both 4.10 and 5.3

   Cheers,
   Svein Halvor