firefox & thunderbird upgrade problem

Gary Aitken garya at dreamchaser.org
Thu Nov 18 23:14:53 PST 2004

Hello all,

I upgraged thunderbird and firefox via portupgrade.

Things kinda work ok, except I cannot modify preferences, and it
doesn't see any of my old mail, which leads me to believe it
doesn't like my .thunderbird and .mozilla directory hierarchy.

All of the subdirectories and files in the .thunderbird tree are
owned and writeable by the user, yet no modifications to the
configuration (preferences) will write.  The same goes for
firefox.

Can someone give me a clue as to what is going on?  It behaves
as if some directory is not writeable, but I sure can't find it.

Thanks for any pointers,

Gary