oracle 9.2.0.4 client on freebsd 5.3

eodyna eodyna at yahoo.com.au
Thu Nov 18 20:28:05 PST 2004

Greetings all,

I am having trouble starting Oracle Enterprise Manger
on Freebsd 5.3

I have succesfully installed the client. Yay for me :)
After the client installation, the net assist was run
and oem was automatically started. (so i kinda know it
works)

WHen i try to run oemapp from the command line (logged
in as oracle) i get the following error message

bash-2.05b$ oemapp
expr: syntax error
jre was not found in
/data01/oracle/jre/1.1.8/bin//data01/oracle/jre/1.1.8/bin/../bin/i686/native_threads/jre

it appears that these directories are concatinated
together but im not sure.
jre definately exists in those directories.

when i try to run oemapp as a user other than oracle i
get the following error message

-su-2.05b$ oemapp
dirname: illegal option -- p
usage: dirname path
arch: not found
/data01/oracle/jre/1.1.8/bin/jre: 101: Syntax error:
word unexpected (expecting ")")

any ideas on how to fix this? Im kinda stumped.

Thanks.
ams

http://au.movies.yahoo.com