cvups with 5.3 stable

Eric Kjeldergaard kjelderg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 17:40:49 PST 2004

> > Has anyone got cvsup to sucessfully update their ports collection? When I run cvsup, with tag=RELENG_5_3, cvsup just deletes everything in /usr/ports. I replaced the ports collection with the full port tarball from the ports collection search page. Cvsup deletes that as well. I am using the ports-supfile from examples, and have only change the cvsup host. Has anyone else experience this?

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html --

Warning: Be very careful to specify any tag= fields correctly. Some
tags are valid only for certain collections of files. If you specify
an incorrect or misspelled tag, CVSup will delete files which you
probably do not want deleted. In particular, use only tag=. for the
ports-* collections.

Perhaps you should try a different tag.

--
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.