Question about page faults and swap space

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Tue Nov 16 08:23:32 PST 2004

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 10:14:11AM -0600, Dan Nelson wrote:
: Accesses to executable images or mmaped files will cause page faults.
: They'll show up as vnode pageins as opposed to swap pageins in "vmstat
: -s" or "systat -v".

Ah, yes.  I think I remember now.  You don't actually 'load' all of an
executable, you just map it to memory, and when an address is accessed the
first time, it generates a page fault to bring it in, right?

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.