Unable to Install 5.3 SPARC on Sun Fire V100

Scott Rossillo scott at rossillo.net
Mon Nov 15 09:58:09 PST 2004

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the quick reply.  The error you got is the same one I saw but
my V100 has the 40GB disk.

I plan to replace the drive as you suggest.  I'm looking at a good deal on
2 80 GB 7200 RPM drives w/8MB cache right now.  One drive is a Maxtor -
which I have been very happy with in the past - and the other is from
Western Digital.  What brand of drive did you use to sucessfully get
FreeBSD running on your V100?

Thanks again for the info,
Scott