internal US Robotics 56k modem

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Mon Nov 15 17:13:46 GMT 2004

Richard wrote:

>What is the procedure for setting up an internal modem in shell
>(sio1 moved to sio4) and configuring under GNOME. The modem itself
>is recognised when booting.
>
>Thx, Richard

I'm not sure if I understand the question.  If you want
to use the modem, check out the handbook section on
ppp (I believe it's chapter 21).  I'd call it "required reading"
IMHO.

I use the same procedure for both terminal and GNOME,
with the difference being, of course, the actual interface.

For terminal, I have a shell alias to dial the ppp connection:

     alias dial 'ppp -nat -background myisp'

        in GNOME, I have a panel icon which calls the same
command.

Kevin Kinsey