Out of Office AutoReply: Sex

Loren M. Lang lorenl at alzatex.com
Mon Nov 15 10:50:15 GMT 2004

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 08:50:29PM -0600, Chris wrote:
> On Friday 12 November 2004 08:38 pm, Faso Lea-ELF012 wrote:
> > I will be out of the office until Monday, Nov. 15 with limited access to
> > e-mail.  In my absence please contact Molly Smith at 212-885-0488 or
> > molly.smith at hillandknowlton.com.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Lea Faso
> > Public Relations Manager
> > Motorola iDEN Subscriber Group
> > 954-723-6333
> > Part-time; in office Mondays and Tuesdays
>
> Why do users do this? Good Gawd. This one ought to be slapped, then reported
> to his superiors for burning corporate resources...

My guess would be that this was generated automatically by his email
software when he got the first email from the mailing list after he
turned it on.  There should be someway to tell his client to ignore
incoming mail from mailing lists, but I don't think he intentionally
sent this email to the list.

Most of these messages from people seem to have nearly identical
subjects, maybe there's some way to filter on that...