Graphics cards and FreeBSD 5.3 installation.

Robert C talk2robert at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 15 00:16:02 GMT 2004

Hi there,

I'm a newbie to FreeBSD and would like to install 5.3, but I have a few
concerns about compatibility with my graphics card (Hercules Prophet 4500
(Kyro II chipset, I think?)). I couldn't find much Info about setting up a
graphics card in the online installation notes and so I'm wondering wether
it will auto detect it and if I'll have a decent usable resolution
afterwards.

I'd be grateful for any help from a wise (kindly) soul.

Thanks for your time,

Rob Cummins.