php5 problems

Jonathan Arnold jdarnold at buddydog.org
Sun Nov 14 19:24:21 GMT 2004

Well, I don't know where to begin, but my server, which has been running
hands-off for months, is giving me fits now since I rebooted. Let's start
with the most obvious problem - after installing php5 and php5-extenstions,
I get a core dumped if I type:

$ php

And I think, by extension, I get a core dumped now if I try to run my
apache1.3 :-( I've tried many many many permutations on install, deinstall,
reinstall, but php dies.

Googling a little, I see a bunch of complaints about this v5.0.2 release
of PHP. Is this my problem? I turned on most extentions. Maybe I should

Thanks for any help or suggestions you might have. My server has been down
for two days now, and there seems to be no hope in the horizon.

Jonathan Arnold            mailto:jdarnold at buddydog.org
SimBase: http://www.iSimulacrum.com/GamesDB.html