HID support

FreeBsdBeni freebsdbeni at spymac.com
Sun Nov 14 13:31:15 GMT 2004

On Sunday 14 November 2004 14:19, Roman V. Kiseliov wrote:
> It seems that "USB keyboard and mouse" wireless sets doesn't work properly
> in FreeBSD (my opinion based on mailing lists archives). At least sets from
> A4Tech (see my earlier post), Logitech, Chicony & M$.
>
> These sets works fine in Linux and M$ Windows.
> I think because of better HID support. Mouse and keyboard must thought
> as one HID device.
>
> How I can configure my funny FreeBSD to work with my keyboard and
> mouse set as with one HID device?

From the 5.3-REL Errata file :

(31 Oct 2004, updated on 5 Nov 2004) For FreeBSD/i386 and FreeBSD/amd64, when
installing FreeBSD 5.3 using an USB keyboard the keyboard will stop working
once the kernel boots, because a PS/2 keyboard is always considered to be
attached. As a workaround, select ``Escape to loader prompt'' in the boot
loader menu and enter the following lines at the prompt:

set hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x1"
boot

Note that if you use the boot floppies, this is set by default.

After the installation, add the following line to /boot/loader.conf:

hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x1"

I'm having the same problem...
Hope this helps ;-)
--