bootonly.iso?

Jay O'Brien jayobrien at att.net
Sun Nov 14 02:13:20 GMT 2004

Jay O'Brien wrote:

> Matthew T. Lager wrote:
>

>>Did you be sure you were downloading the .iso in binary format? If your
>>FTP client was transferring at ASCII, that would be your prob...
>>
>>Matt L
>>

>>>I have successfully burned iso CDs from FreeBSD files, so I know
>>>my process for burning the CDs works.
>>>
>>>I burned Release 5.3's bootonly.iso file to a CD. When I put that
>>>CD back into my Windows machine that burned it, it is recognized
>>>as a blank CD.
>>>
>>>When I put that CD into my FreeBSD computer that was built from
>>>FreeBSD iso CDs, it doesn't work, as if it were a blank CD.
>>>
>>>What am I missing?
>>>
>>>Jay O'Brien
>>>
>>>PS.. I did try it a second time, just in case I had a bad blank CD.
>>>

> I downloaded this file exactly as I did the other iso images that I
> successfully burned and used. I'll download it again.

Downloaded again, and checksum ok again. I burned it on a different
computer, and now I see an iso image in windows. The new CD works,
and boots me into the install menu.

I sure don't know what was wrong with the other two CDs I burned, but
this one works. Now to find out I can use it for!

Jay O'Brien