Putty - SSH access

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sat Nov 13 18:56:36 GMT 2004

On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 09:40:31AM -0500, Grant Peel wrote:

> I have a precious few clients that would like Secure Shell access
> reportedly to admin a number of text files and run a few command line apps.
>
> Is it possible to grant shell access and jail users to thier home dir
> without going to all the hastle of building a real FreeBSD jail?

There's a patch for OpenSSH-3.5p1 at:

    http://majikal.dyn.dhs.org/projekts/openssh_chroot_patch/

It appears that this patch was going to be a big sourceforge project,

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/chrootssh/

but according to their CVS the files were all initially checked in two
years ago, and bugger all has happened since.  Use at your own risk.
Batteries not included.  Some assembly required.

Google for 'openssh chroot patch' for more info.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way