portupgrade problem in freebsd 4.10

atk2 at arctic.org atk2 at arctic.org
Sat Nov 13 15:43:32 GMT 2004

Ok thanks for the detail response.  I guess my confusion came from several
places - the handbook explicity gives an example where you can refuse
ports that aren't relevant to your environment (i refuse several such as
japanese, chinese)...

Can you explain (if you know off hand) why make fetchindex would fix the
problem (it did without adding the ports)?

As a side but unrelated question it seems that recent updates to the port
colleciton (such as mozilla, mplayer and netscape) have bad values (either
size of time stamps) for the objects they are to fetch - do you know why
this is happening (aka is it specific to me?)

thanks,
Alan