Everything randomly generates .core files

Benjamin Walkenhorst krylon at gmx.net
Sat Nov 13 11:16:54 GMT 2004

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

>You probably have a bad CPU cache on your motherboard.  The solution is
>to use that machine for some Windows system and get a different PC.

While I agree with your diagnosis, it's probably a hardware problem, I
don't think Windows
is going to run well on that machine. I've had FreeBSD run for *hours*
on flaky hardware,
on which Windows wouldn't make, like, ten minutes.
In the end, faulty hardware beats Operating System, but I've had several
experiences,
where I did not know just how faulty a piece of hardware was, until I
tried to run Windows
on it... =)
So in my experience, if FreeBSD is unstable on that hardware, you can
regard yourself
lucky if you even get Windows installed without crashing all over the
place. =)

Kind regards,
Benjamin