installing zope

David Banning david+dated+1100728888.8a3d03 at skytrackercanada.com
Fri Nov 12 22:01:43 GMT 2004

I have installed and run zope in the past with no errors. Now, with
2.7 in the ports zope installs fine but there seems to be a number of
shell variables that must be set, and it seems like there is something
missing. For instance, the zope.sh.sample that is supplied with zope
checks to see;

if [ -r ${instance}/etc/${name}.conf -a -x ${instance}/bin/zopectl ]; then
    echo -n "       Instance ${instance} -> "
    ${instance}/bin/zopectl $1
fi

but as far as I can see there is -no- zopectl anywhere in my box;

# locate zopectl
/usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/Zope/Startup/zopectl.py
/usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/Zope/Startup/zopectl.pyc
/usr/local/www/Zope/skel/bin/zopectl.in

I don't see any install notes in the ports directory either.

I have scanned google and looked on the Zope site.

Any pointers would be helpful.