Adding non-kernels to boot-loader

Dan Kilbourne bsd-lists at netophilia.net
Thu Nov 11 17:35:29 GMT 2004

Nathan Kinkade extolled:

I would agree, but I am looking for more of an out of the box solution. We have a couple thousand servers, several hundred of them running FreeBSD. I want our build team to be able to simply install memtest as a bootloader option so that any time a machine needs to be tested, it can be without having to be removed from the rack. Currently we install the kernel-image-like version of it on all of our Linux boxen with no problems, I just need to figure out how to do it for FreeBSD. As for removable media, our machines are not built with CDs or floppies - everything is generally done via a network installer we have hooked up, so removable media is not an option.

--
___
Dan