Adding non-kernels to boot-loader

Dan Kilbourne bsd-lists at netophilia.net
Thu Nov 11 16:43:05 GMT 2004

Hello,
I am looking for a way to add memtest86 to the FreeBSD bootloader so that my techs
 can easily test RAM when needed.
>From what I understand, the memtest86 build script makes two objects:
1) a linux-kernel-alike image.
2) an ELF object.
Thing is, I'm unfamiliar with the FBSD loader and how to add items to it.  I'm
guessing maybe if the memtest ELF object is in /boot it can be specified from
the loader prompt with /boot/memtest86 ?

Anyone have any insite?

--
___
Dan