Please take this somewhere else (was RE: difference

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Thu Nov 11 07:06:10 PST 2004

Well, the person did address his complaint to the "moderator" of the
list and, tho sent to the wrong place, did not address it to the
list per se.

The attack mentioned was particularly virulent and personal but you are
right, I have seen plenty of other times when such language was used
(doesn't make it right or acceptable though).  Most often it was followed
by someone telling the person such was not acceptable on the list.  Sending
such a attack message off the list in response to legitimate posting should
not be acceptable either.

Finally, it is up to the list manager to choose what to do.  I don't
think anyone has disagreed with that - at not in a public posting.

////jerry