Java

Werner Lehmann elvis69 at arcor.de
Thu Nov 11 01:11:15 PST 2004

Hi,

I just installed FreeBSD5.3 and when I install gnome2.6 using "pkg_add
-r gnome2", I get a message that Java is not installed.

How do I install java-support, as there is so many ports dealing with
Java, that I don't know which one to install.

Is there also a corresponding java-package that can be installed?

Can it also be installed after gnome2.6?

I also have the following problem, which I don't remember having with
FreeBSD5.2.1:

although in Sysinstall during installation I specified "code 850 german
keyboard" an this works in non-X mode, when I use any windowmanager in
the console I have american keys.
How can I change this?

I also wanted to point out that it is great that you finally added
soundblaster audigy support with the emu10k1-driver in ver5.3, but I
found out in some forums, this doesn't come in the Handbook or hardware
list for FreeBSD5.3.

Maybe you could update that information.

Thank you very much!

Werner