[Fwd: Re: I did it, and now I need to undo it...]

Jules Gilbert julesg at newebmail.com
Wed Nov 10 15:50:51 PST 2004

I benched the machine (I have many of these boxes, a friend of mine and
I built these but I didn't have a basis to use these until now -- and
now I need them to run TODAY (well, tomorrow but no later.)

I am pretty sure that benching them is required, as on the rack, these
machines have no terminal or keyboard.   Okay, so one by one I bench
them and I bring them up:

a)  "safe" mode doesn't seem to accomplish much -- what am I doing
wrong?  (These are boxes intended for computation, no X.)

b)  My basic problem now is how to I set the file system to rw -- it's
stuck in read-only.  I can't update the disk without write permission on
the fs.

One other thing;  I get into single user mode, go to /stand and do a
./sysinstall

That seems to work best for me YMMV

--jg

PS:  Thank you.  and YMMV == your milage may vary