RDEsktop/VNC questions

Butterworth, Thaddaeus (Manpower Contract) thad.butterworth at hp.com
Wed Nov 10 15:47:21 PST 2004

I've used the rdesktop client for connecting to a Windows 2003 Server (/usr/ports/net/rdesktop). I wasn't that impressed but then again it could have been a PEBKAC situation. I could not get the screen resolution of the Windoze 2003 server to go anything beyond 640x480 and it looked horribly grainy. Other than that, it did actually connect and allowed me to do all that I needed to. I just couldn't handle the graphic element, which again may have been more a user issue than an issue with the program. Other than that, I have used the Windows RDC programs and they work ok.

Thad