Will a SD card reader solve this problem?

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 10 15:43:11 PST 2004

On Wednesday, 10 November 2004 at  8:58:27 -0500, Ada Cheng wrote:
> Good morning,
>         I am trying to connect my Minolta Z2 camera with my box, currently
> running 4.10 stable.

> After rebuilding the kernel and rebooting, I tested the configuration by
> plugging in my camera. The following is the output of dmesg:
> umass0: KONICA_MINOLTA DiMAGE Z2, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2
> umass0: BBB reset failed, TIMEOUT (this is repeated if I don't unplug the
> camera)

Hmm.  Not good.

> If I do a camcontrol devlist I obtain
> <KMCA DiMAGE Z2 1.00>              at scbus1 target 0 lun 0 (probe0)
>
> so I guess the camera is recognized but no device node was probed.
>
> I am also getting the following error when i do
> $mount -t msdos -r /dev/da0s1c /camera
> msdos: /dev/da0s1c: Device not configured
> which I guess isn't too surprising.
>
> I have read various threads regarding this TIMEOUT failure error and
> some has suggested doing some quirks with the src/sys/cam/scsi/scsi_da.c
> file which I am not comfortable with doing.

I'm in a similar (but not the same) situation with a Ricoh camera.  I
can understand your position.

> Will a SD card reader solve this problem?

Almost certainly.  That's what I did.

See http://www.lemis.com/grog/diary-nov2004.html#7 for more details.

Greg