Please take this somewhere else (was RE: difference betweenreleases)

Ed Budd ebudd at grokking.org
Wed Nov 10 04:56:27 PST 2004

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> Dear list moderators,
>
>   I haven't been following or posting to this particular thread
> but the post from Manfred here caught my eye.
>
>   I would like to propose the following:
>
>>From now on, anyone calling for another member to be removed from
> the list, in an OPEN message to the list, be themselves immediately
> removed from the list.
>
> Posts that call for listmembers removal are childish, smack of censorship,
> and because they are publically posted to the list, instead of
> e-mailed privately to the administrators, their main purpose is quite
> obviously one of grandstanding.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ted Mittelstaedt

While I heartily agree with the spirit of your proposal (ie. the desire
to maintain an appropriate standard of "civility" on this list) I can't
help but notice the irony in your proposal to ban someone for calling
for a ban on someone else...

Peace everyone. The existence of one or two noisy and hostile
individuals on this list does not spoil an otherwise helpful and
friendly community.

EB