5.3-release-i386-disc2.iso will not burn

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.org
Tue Nov 9 10:31:24 PST 2004

On 11/09/04 01:31 PM, j&kcooke sat at the `puter and typed:
> I have downloaded both of the 5.3 i386 isos and the miniinstall iso,
> disc1 and the miniinstall burn an image, disc 2 does not. I downloaded
> disc2  from two  additional  ftp sites  with the same result.
>
> Is there a problem with disc2 ?.

Worked for me.  I used burncd on a FreeBSD 4.10 box, and it worked with
nary a hitch.

What did you use to burn the CD?
What kind of error did you get?
Did you verify the MD5 hashes?
Did you check the iso filesize?
Did you make sure the FTP was done in binary mode?

Lou
Louis LeBlanc               FreeBSD at keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
    -- Mark Twain