Caching DNS Server?

Danny MacMillan flowers at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 9 09:46:37 PST 2004

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 09:56:42AM -0700, Andrew Smith wrote:
> I want to setup a Caching DNS server for my network using FreeBSD 5.3.
> Can someone point me in the right direction with what port I need to
> install and any links to installation guides?

No doubt BIND can do this ... but I find djbdns much easier to configure.
The following URL outlines what you need to do, and is dead simple:

http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/run-cache-x.html

Install the /usr/ports/dns/djbdns port, then head to the above page.  Don't
forget to set up daemontools (it will be installed as a dependency but
requires some configuration).

--
Danny