[OT] BEFSR41 = bad

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Mon Nov 8 18:14:16 PST 2004

Danny MacMillan wrote:

>It's still working; I gave it to a less technical fried of mine who only
>needs one port working on the LAN side to shield her Windows computer from
>the evil badness of the internet.

Day late and a dollar short, this; however, our casual position
on the BEFSR41 is that it's economical, useful, featureful, but
often runs like *crap*.  Flaky, to say the least, it will run fine
for long periods, and then quit; lends a lot of creedence to the
overheating theory proposed earlier in this thread.  And there's
more....

Aside from lousy experiences with their Tech Supp., we didn't
like how it played with some modems:

         http://daleco.biz/articles/page.php?story=16

My new goal:  a *BSD* router at every gateway ....

Kevin Kinsey