dhcp problems (i think)

Gary Kline kline at magnesium.net
Mon Nov 8 12:11:32 PST 2004

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 06:20:51AM -0800, cape canaveral wrote:

> Do the PCs with broken Internet have IPs?  It sounds like either the
> DHCP server is not handing out leases or, if it is, it has stopped
> routing to the Internet for your client machines.  I'm not sure what
> service that is (ipnat??) as I've never used FreeBSD for that purpose.
>  Maybe it needs to be tweaked, or maybe try setting the IP of one of
> the client machines static and see if it suddenly starts working
> agian.

	ns1.thought.org is my only "real" IP.   I working on ipnat
	right now.  I had it disabled prev'ly, so it probably
	isn't required.

	All my private IP's are static.  I've kept things in
	/ettc/hosts in sync with my hardwired systems in dhcpd.conf.

	(*sigh*)

	thanks for your ideas!

	gary

Gary Kline  Seattle BSD Users' Group (seabug)      | kline at magnesium.net
            Thought Unlimited Org's Alternate Email Site
	    http://www.magnesium.net/~kline
   To live is not a necessity; but to live honorably...is a necessity. -Kant