Completely remove MySQL?

Michael Stassen Michael.Stassen at verizon.net
Sun Nov 7 18:09:49 PST 2004

Well, that depends on how you install phpmyadmin.  A standard method is
simply to download, unzip, and untar the distribution.  If you do that on
top of your old copy, or indeed, delete the old copy first, you will end up
with the default config.inc.php.  That is why I said "may replace".  It is
good that your port won't do that, but considering the context of "how do I
remove everything so that the old IP address is not referenced?", I chose
not to make assumptions about how he would reinstall.

Michael