FTP access with ipfw

Martin Schweizer pcservi at spectraweb.ch
Sun Nov 7 06:21:36 PST 2004

Hello

I had a long time to figure out the rules for ipfw (with and without nat, no
different for me). Attached I send you the part of rc.firewall that is for ftp:

ipfw -f flush
ipfw add check-state

[snip]

# FTP
ipfw add allow tcp from any to any 20
ipfw add allow tcp from any to any 21
ipfw add allow tcp from any to any 1024-65000 keep-state

[snip ]

Am Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 09:02:10AM -0500 Ara schrieb:
> This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been attached
> along with this report, so you can recognize or block similar unwanted
> mail in future.  See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.
>
> Content preview:  Hello Are you connecting directly to internet or via
>   nat? In that case you may have to enable passive mode on your ftp
>   client
>
> Content analysis details:   (3.60 points, 3 required)
> IN_REP_TO          (-0.5 points) Has a In-Reply-To header
> FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK (3.5 points)  Forged mail pretending to be from MS Outlook
> MISSING_OUTLOOK_NAME (0.6 points)  Message looks like Outlook, but isn't

> From: "Ara" <ara at avvali.com>
> To: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
> Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 09:02:10 -0500
> Subject: RE: FTP access with ipfw
>

> Hello
> Are you connecting directly to internet or via nat? In that case you may
> have to enable passive mode on your ftp client

Regards
Gruss
Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Martin Schweizer
<info at pc-service.ch>

PC-Service M. Schweizer GmbH; Gewerbehaus Schwarz; CH-8608 Bubikon
Tel. +41 55 243 30 00; Fax: +41 55 243 33 22; http://www.pc-service.ch;
public key : http://www.pc-service.ch/pgp/public_key.asc;
fingerprint: EC21 CA4D 5C78 BC2D 73B7  10F9 C1AE 1691 D30F D239;