Problems compiling a program

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Sat Nov 6 20:44:50 PST 2004

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 17:55:15 -0600, CHris Rich <freebsdnews at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am trying to compile gdk-pixbuf-0.11.0 but i get an error saying
> lgmodule not found.

That's quite out of date.  You should update your ports tree via cvsup
before trying to build gdk-pixbuf.

> After googling for awhile the most i have been able to find out about
> it is that maybe it has something to do with gnome. Does anyone know
> what lgmodule is?
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgmodule
> *** Error code 1
>
> that's the error i get when doing a make.
>
> If this is the wrong place to ask my apologies, but i don't know where
> else to try...
>

> THanks

Are you using the ports collection?  If so, the dependency
(devel/glib12) should be automatically built and installed as part of
the build process for gdk-pixbuf.  It's possible that the Makefile for
gdk-pixbuf is lacking the necessary dependency, though, in which case
you could simply build and install glib12 first, and then return to the
build of gdk-pixbuf.

Hope this helps.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"