FreeBSD 5.3 and ed0

Gerard Samuel fbsd-questions at trini0.org
Sat Nov 6 18:29:27 PST 2004

Im trying to move from FreeBSD 4.10 to 5.3.
When I used to install 3.x/4.x on this box, I would configure
the network card during the install process.
According to the manual, the device config part of the install,
was taken out, but the network card doesnt get identified by FreeBSD 5.3.
I tried selecting #6 during the install boot menu,
and entered ->
boot -c
in the hopes to get the device config screen, but I didn't get that.
Is it possible to get that pre FBSD 5.x device config screen,
or is there some way to configure that network card during the install
process??

Thanks