5.3 RELEASE downloaded

peter lageotakes plageotakes at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 14:35:16 PST 2004

--- Jay O'Brien <jayobrien at att.net> wrote:

> I just downloaded 5.3-RELEASE-i386-miniinst.iso from

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/5.3/
> .
> File attributes are: 274400 KB 	11/5/2004 5:46:00
> AM.
>
> Jay O'Brien

Just a guess here:  It is probably best to wait for
FreeBSD.org to announce the release, for a couple of
reasons.
1) Allow the ISO to propgate to the various mirrors so
that the loads can be distributed evenly between all
servers.
2) Just in case there might be a recall on the ISO.
This would be doubtful but no the less a possiblility.

Just a thought,

Pete