FreeBSD Interface

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Fri Nov 5 07:22:18 PST 2004

> Hi,
>
> I downloded the FreeBSD and install it at my PC but i'm wondaring if
> FreeBSD is supporting User Interface like WindowsX or Mac PC.
> If yes, show me the place where i can see the stips to follow please.

You are looking for X-windows managers.
When you install Xwindows - at least Xfree86 anyway - you are offered
the opportunity to install several possible X-windows managers.
The useful ones there are Afterstep which is the simplest and a little
like the old NeXtstep stuff, KDE which is more elaborate and resource
hungry and contains many applications similar to PC-Win and finally
Gnome which is very big, resource hungry, feature laden and application
heavy.   Read up on them, try them out and then see what you like.
Ask more questions again after you get a little farther in.

////jerry