Wireless internet

Blain Gatterdam onesmartidiot at wideopenwest.com
Thu Nov 4 20:51:42 PST 2004

Hello,

            I would like to set up my gnome FreeBSD (v 5.2.1) to connect
wirelessly to my home network. I have a linksys 802.11b wireless router/
switch, how can I set up my computer to work wirelessly? I can't "hard
wire", wireless is the only thing I have left. I've already learned from a
FreeBSD dude that USB adaptors won't work. Right now I'm looking at a
wireless B 802.11 linksys PCI adaptor. I also learned that I can make use of
"project evil" to use windows XP drivers. Is this "project evil already on
my system? Or do I have to download it, because if I have to install it.
yea. I'm an annoying newbie to the Linux background, im slowly learning
though. I was told if I left a message here, I might get some help. I don't
know if this matters or not, but this computer will run as a 24/7 web
server. Security isn't that big of a deal, I hear that's the big bummer with
wireless. But with the web server part, I know where to find help for that.
I cant even get it connected when I hook the computer up down by the router
"hard-wire". Any help would be nice, please send it to my email (
onesmartidiot at wideopenwest.com ). Thanks to the dudes that I seem to be
bugging with my annoying questions, your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Blain

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe

Athlon XP 2500+